Opening up SoFi NYC’s New Digs, and What’s Ahead in 2018
Earlier today, we hosted a breakfast for the press at our beautiful, new office space in New York City to talk about what the SoFi community accomplished in 2017 and a bit of what’s in store for 2018. Here’s a quick recap.
2017 Milestones and Achievements
• In 2017, we topped over 430,000 members and surpassed $25 billion in funded loans since our founding. We ended the year as a top ten sponsor of asset-backed securities deals, putting us among household names across financial services.
• Members sought out over 3,800 sessions with our Career team, and over 3,000 members attended SoFi events across the country, while nearly 40,000 of you visited and engaged with our exclusive member group on Facebook.
• We also made some important product advancements in response to what our members wanted most, including a fully integrated SoFi mobile app (iOS and Android), a special product just for medical residents, and an easy, low-fee way to invest online with SoFi Invest.
• We know our members hate being dinged with fees to use their own money, hate the bad technology banks use today, and hate that banks make way more money off of deposits than they do. That’s why we’ll be introducing SoFi Money, a simple, seamless, cash management account with personalized, comprehensive tools for saving and spending. SoFi Money also has high interest, bill pay, mobile check deposit, and no account fees (subject to change).
• SoFi Invest had a great start in 2017, but our plans for 2018 are even more ambitious. We’re the only product on the market today that offers robo-investing and unlimited access to human financial advisors for no additional fees. Over the next few months, you’ll see us add features to SoFi Invest like tax-loss harvesting and self-directed investing. And later this year, we’ll be bringing you what we’re calling “Advice”—personalized investment, budgeting, and borrowing recommendations based on your holistic financial picture.
• And of course, both of these products come with access to exclusive SoFi membership. In 2018, we’ll be hosting 480 member events—a mix of interactive, premium, intimate, and larger-format events across the country. We’ll also be piloting a program with Korn Ferry, the global leader in people and talent, to offer you an even more premium (but still complimentary) career coaching experience. We’ll be providing members access to Korn Ferry’s KF Advance platform, a leading technology solution offering world-class career expertise to help you plan, strategize, and take action on your next career move.
We’re very excited for what 2018 will bring, and we’re as grateful as ever that you’re here together with us along the way! (Oh, and we had a little bit of other news yesterday as well…)