Opening up SoFi NYC’s New Digs, and What’s Ahead in 2018
Earlier today, we hosted a breakfast for the press at our beautiful, new office space in New York City to talk about what the SoFi community accomplished in 2017 and a bit of what’s in store for 2018. Here’s a quick recap.
2017 Milestones and Achievements
• In 2017, we topped over 430,000 members and surpassed $25 billion in funded loans since our founding. We ended the year as a top ten sponsor of asset-backed securities deals, putting us among household names across financial services.
• Members sought out over 3,800 sessions with our Career team, and over 3,000 members attended SoFi events across the country, while nearly 40,000 of you visited and engaged with our exclusive member group on Facebook.
• We also made some important product advancements in response to what our members wanted most, including a fully integrated SoFi mobile app (iOS and Android), a special product just for medical residents, and an easy, low-fee way to invest with SoFi Wealth.
• We know our members hate being dinged with fees to use their own money, hate the bad technology banks use today, and hate that banks make way more money off of deposits than they do. That’s why we’ll be introducing SoFi Money, a simple, seamless, and integrated deposit account with personalized, comprehensive tools for saving and spending, high-yielding interest rates, no account fees, bill pay, and mobile check deposit, with many more to come. The waitlist is now live, and current members will get priority access to be taken off the waitlist beginning this Spring.
• SoFi Wealth had a great start in 2017, but our plans for 2018 are even more ambitious. We’re the only product on the market today that offers robo-investing and unlimited access to human financial advisors for no additional fees. Over the next few months, you’ll see us add features to Wealth like tax-loss harvesting and self-directed investing. And later this year, we’ll be bringing you what we’re calling “Advice”—personalized investment, budgeting, and borrowing recommendations based on your holistic financial picture.
• And of course, both of these products come with access to exclusive SoFi membership. In 2018, we’ll be hosting 480 member events—a mix of interactive, premium, intimate, and larger-format events across the country. We’ll also be piloting a program with Korn Ferry, the global leader in people and talent, to offer you an even more premium (but still complimentary) career coaching experience. We’ll be providing members access to Korn Ferry’s KF Advance platform, a leading technology solution offering world-class career expertise to help you plan, strategize, and take action on your next career move.
We’re very excited for what 2018 will bring, and we’re as grateful as ever that you’re here together with us along the way! (Oh, and we had a little bit of other news yesterday as well…)